Wednesday, October 26, 2011

That feeling #2

I wasn't sure about the title of this post, I was between "Kitchen time", "Dreams do come true", "Extremely happy" and a lot more like that.. but instead, I just wrote "That feeling #2".
"That feeling" applies to this day because of many reasons: One of them is because I got up really early to have my two rounds of exercise before breakfast, shower and going to the office, and i had THAT FEELING of when you think that you'll be all tired because you woke up really early... but it didn't happen!; another one, I had that feeling that today I was finally receiving the pics of a photo shoot I had on October 2nd, and I got a message that I can go pick them at 7!; the final one I'll have to explain it a bit further.
I accept I tend to be a little obsessive about how I like things done, about timing, about planning (even my meals are planned), about budgets, cleaning, etc... it's a LONG list. So last week I decided it was time to clean my room - meaning: throw away everything I hadn't and will not use. I like doing this in 4 easy steps:
1. Prepare: I arm myself with bags of all sizes.
2. Select: here I take everything that has throw away or give away material.
3. Categorize: thing by thing, respond to some easy questions like "how long has it been since I used this?", "will I use it again?", "is it in good conditions to give it to an association?", "can it be recycled?". Categories: recyclable, thrash, give-away, storage.
4. Throw away: put everything into bags, according to its category.
I try to do this twice or thrice  a year because I have a firm believing that when you clean all this old, unusable stuff, you make space for new things. Kind of a feng shui thought. I suddenly began thinking about the kitchen... considering our house is 40 years old and that the kitchen has not been changed, I decided it was time to buy a new one. In addition to this feng shui stuff, the kitchen is considered to be attached to our health, more specifically to our liver, the conditions of your kitchen relate to that of your liver. Interesting, huh?
I immediately looked for kitchens on the internet and found one that was cute, timeless and affordable to me. I told my mom and a week later, here I am. Tomorrow I'll give the first payment and in 15 days my mom will have the kitchen of her dreams and I'll give the final payment.
Dreams do come true, mom.
Isn't it kind of amazing-exciting-awkward how I start with something to tell a story that ends entirely in an unexpected way?
See you soon! 
P.S: there's no better thing than making your mom happy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment